email address

Need to contact me? My email address is: JULEStheGODDESS@gmail.com



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My journey back to a healthy body!!


They say "it aint over til the fat lady sings", well... This fat lady just sang a high "C"!!
 That's right.  It's over!!
I am going to start blogging about my attempt at weight loss.... 2011!!!

Most people don't know I'm blogging again so this site gives me a perfect opportunity to log my weight loss progess without being monitored....

I finally met with a doctor on Friday, March 11, 2011 and had a multiple of tests done.  He specializes in weight loss and though he is very intelligent and fun to talk to, the whole process was all very exhausting!!

We did a stress test on the treadmill (hello??ever done this before?? was that hard for anyone else but me?? UGH!!! could I really be this out of shape??) Then we did the ever so exciting plop chubby Jules in the hottub and see if she floats to check my body fat, not to mention that ice cold measuring tool they use to squish, pull and measure your fat rolls.  Not embarassing at all!!  They measured how much water I am carrying, did a myriad of blood tests and weighed me!!!  (I was actually excited to learn that I wasn't as heavy as I had imagined!)

anyhoo... he prescribed about 15 different medications I am supposed to take to help get the steroids out of my system, the water out of my system, the sugar out of my system, the EVERYTHING out of my system then sent me down the hall to his nutrionist...


This woman is a font of knowledge and discussed a very regimented daily eating schedule with a limited amount of food (surprisingly, I haven't been hungry or craved anything yet!!).  She prescribed many shots of vitamin B and about 100 other "natural" things to help with my journey.

I took all of this information and went to a different clinic called MD Diet Where I took a class on weight loss, how to eat (as my doctor and nutrionist explained earlier) and how to get healthy.  They had a nutritionist also who had a million great ideas on how to begin my journey back to a healthy body.  I met with their doctor and discussed all of my test results from the other place and 1-2-3 Shazaaaam!!! I was on my way to a new me!!

I started on March 11, 2011 and today, 10 days later,  I went back to the MD Diet for a vitamin B shot and to step on the "S" word (that horrible thing called a scale)...  Imagine my surprise when I learned that I have lost 11 pounds... Yay Me!  My new way of living is actually paying off!!

I am determined as ever to get this weight off once and for all and to return to the land of the "active people".  You know who I'm talkin' about... We all know "those" people!!  They are the ones who run alongside their 4-5 year olds and teach them how to ride a bike... Or, set up the Wii and play Just Dance 2 with their older daughter (and kick her butt!!)... They walk outside to the mailbox with ease, they run and ski and bike... They hike and play in the summer without a thought or care of how they look and can bend over to tie their shoes without having to take a HUGE breath and hold it while they QUICKLY try to tie their shoes on their first attempt.  Yes people, that is the good life... The life I had 10 years ago and the life I am slowly but surely returning to.

Look out "active people", I'm comin' for ya, and when I get there, you better run!!

I would like to lose "126 pounds"..  Can I do it?? We shall see!!

(11 pounds... go me!!!)[weight to lose, 115 pounds)]

4 comments:

  1. I told you you liked lighter on Sunday! You Rock! Good job and keep it up! I am so flipping proud of you! I will totally support you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JULES!!!! Good for you! You mentioned at dance that you were on a diet but I mean, this is serious huh?!!! Why didn't you say anything? This is awesome! And you know if you ever want a work out buddy, you can always call me. 11 pounds? That's freaking amazing!
    I'll be on you like a hawk now!!!! People read your blog, you better believe it!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what Lynette and Erin said. GO JULES!! I am so proud of you. I know you can accomplish this goal. You've already done so much in your life, and I know you can do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Jules!!!! That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete